Get online at North Somerset libraries
Libraries in North Somerset are taking part in national ‘Get Online Week‘ next week between 13th and 17th October, according to a council press release.
Get Online Week is now in its eighth year and this national campaign aims to inspire people to get online and see what the internet can do for them.
At the local level, North Somerset Council will be giving people the opportunity to improve their computer and internet skills.
The events happening in North Somerset’s libraries next week are as follows:
- Monday 13th October – Yatton Library, High Street, Yatton, 10am-noon. Come and find out how to use ancestry.com to research your family history from the library. Free coffee/tea and biscuits provided. To register your interest email email@example.com or telephone 01934 426 100.
- Monday 13th to Wednesday 15th October – Campus Library, Locking Castle, Weston-super-Mare, 10am-noon. Learn how to get online using the ‘Learn my way’ website. Free of charge, booking essential. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01934 427 427. Training provided by North Somerset Community Learning team.
- Tuesday 14th October – Worle Library, The Maltings, High Street, Worle, 10am-1pm. Find out about support available to get online in Worle Library and sign up for training sessions. Training provided by volunteers from Knightstone Housing.
- Wednesday 15th October – For All Healthy Living Centre Library, Lonsdale Avenue, Weston-super-Mare, 1pm-4pm. Have you been given a gadget or device recently and want to learn more about it? Or are you interested in getting a device and would like to see what’s available? To reserve a time at this free event with a volunteer from Westonworks contact 01934 426 260.
- Wednesday 15th October – Congresbury Library, Station Road, Congresbury, 10.30am-12.30pm. Come and find out how you can use ancestry.com to research your family history from the library. Free coffee/tea and biscuits provided. To register your interest email email@example.com or telephone 01934 426 200.
- Thursday 16th October – Yatton Library, High Street, Yatton, 10am-noon. Come and find out about getting online using the ‘Learn my way’ website. Free coffee/tea and biscuits provided. To register your interest email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01934 426 100.
- Friday 17th October – Weston Library, Town Hall, Weston-super-Mare, 2pm-3.30pm. Find out about free eMagazines available with your library card. No booking required, just turn up.